This morning I was shuffling through my stash looking for inspiration when I came across some double sided adhesive sheets I bought ages ago. I thought I give glitter a try for a change. It’s not something I use much because it’s awfully messy but I was feeling a bit adventurous. This is what I ended up with…
The glitter is from American Crafts and it’s very fine. It stuck well to the adhesive and didn’t rub off. The papers are from Kaisercraft’s Utopia collection. I think the sentiment stamp is from an old Inkadinkadoo set of greetings I’ve had forever.
I love the colours and the shine of the glitter. I’ll have to use it more often!
Cheers for now
Hello again. Today I needed a simple and quick card for a friend so I decided to use a stencil with distress inks. The stencil is from The Crafter’s Workshop and is called Mini Chicken Wire Reversed. I’ve just laid it in position and used a piece of makeup foam to dab the distress ink over it. I’ve let the colours blend where they overlap – overall quite a pretty look I think. The sentiment is one I created on the computer and cut out using Spellbinder’s Nestabilities Labels Four.
I didn’t have any coloured sequins to match to I coloured some clear ones with copic markers using the closest colours I had.
Nice an quick and very effective! Hope you give it a try.
Cheers for now!
I was in an art supplies shop in Sydney recently and came across a stand of plywood for making model aircraft. I wondered if the thinnest pieces could be diecut. And it turns out it can!
I brought it home and ran it through my Cuttlebug using a label die that came free with a magazine I bought recently. I used the A plate, B plate and the C plate – the same layers I would use when cutting cardstock with wafer thin dies. The plywood cut beautifully – no problems at all.
Then I thought I’d try a technique I learned many years ago when I was doing a book restoration course at Sydney TAFE. I took two small hearts that I had diecut from some coloured paper (I think it is about 100gsm) and glued them on top of one another. Then I placed it on the diecut tag and ran it through my Cuttlebug using the same layering as that for cutting the plywood. This left a small impression in the plywood
BTW – you can do this with thick cardstock too. Just experiment – I use my A plate, B plate, a rubber embossing matt and the C plate.
Then I took another heart cut with the same die and glued it into the impression. Lovely! Once it was in place I covered it with sparkle using Windsor and Newton’s Iridescent Medium – I just painted it straight on (I love this stuff!)
Then I put a generous coat of Ranger’s Glossy Accents over the top.
And then I made a card with my lovely new tags!
Anyway, that’s my first foray into plywood. I wonder how it would look with blended distress ink? Might give that a go next week!
I hope you give plywood a go!
I’ve missed a week because I’ve been on a roadtrip with my hubby Tony. We drove all the way up to Hervey Bay to visit my wonderful brother and his beautiful wife! They moved up there about 2 years ago and I hadn’t been up to visit so I jumped at the opportunity to take a couple of weeks off work. Hervey Bay is a lovely spot and we had a great time.
That’s David on the left and Cheryl. Hubby Tony is on the right. We’re on the barge over to Fraser Island, another lovely spot!
So now back to it…
My Mum asked me for some sympathy cards a little while ago so I created this:
I stamped the Flutter texture stamp from Kaisercraft with Versamark ink then covered it with white embossing powder and heat set it. I’ve used Tim Holtz Distress Inks to blend some subtle colour over the embossed image. The sentiment is one I created in MSWord and die cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities Small Labels. I’m very pleased with the subdued colours and Mum thought it was perfect.
Cheers for now